Podcast 4! Former head of GCHQ, Robert Hannigan, on the greatest threat to the UK’s security
5 July 2018 |
On this week’s podcast, TEISS talks with Robert Hannigan, former head of GCHQ at the launch of the London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA), an accelerator for cyber security start-ups, which was officially opened last week by Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Matt Hancock (pictured).
Robert shares his thoughts on how the UK is currently faring when it comes to cyber security, which cyber protocols he’d like to see put in place, as well as why he won’t be racing back to Whitehall anytime soon. We’ll also be hearing from two of the start-ups included in the first LORCA cohort; B-Secur which specialises in using biometric heartbeat as an authentication solution and Zone Fox – an insider threat detection solution. More interviews with the other start-ups will be published soon.
The Pain, Nick Homes, YouTube Channel – Jazz Duets
Iceland EP, napz
Robert Hannigan CMG
Alan Foreman, CEO, B-Secur
Neil Cooper, CCO, ZoneFox
Latest posts by Anna Delaney (see all)
- “Are we actually learning from our mistakes? I wonder if we are” – Justin Fier, Darktrace - 16th July 2018
- Podcast 5! Not Invisible: Women in Cyber Security - 12th July 2018
- Start-up stories. “Don’t be afraid to ask for help” – Bluefyre’s CEO, Tim Buntel - 11th July 2018
- “It sucks being a whistleblower” – Chris Wylie at Cyber 2018 - 10th July 2018
- Advancing Machine Learning Beyond the Hype - 9th July 2018